The following was submitted by a friend of mine, Marc Lockard. I knew Marc's dad and I am pleased to publish Marc's essay on the 2012 election.
President Obama cannot win re-election in 2012
By Marcus Lockard
President Obama cannot win re-election for one simple reason; America and the world now have a much clearer picture of who Barack Hussein Obama really is and he has a track record of performance that allows reasonable people to deduce, based on his past performance, what he will do in the future. That is not something America had at its disposal in the 2008 campaign.
If you remember in 2008, Obama was a virtually unknown Senator from Illinois. He burst onto the national scene in 2004 when he spoke at the Democratic National Convention. He presented a message of hope, a message of one America pulling together for a common good. The following is a quote from then Senatorial Candidate Obama.
“Now even as we speak, there are those who are preparing to divide us, the spin masters, the negative ad peddlers who embrace the politics of anything goes.
Well, I say to them tonight, there is not a liberal America and a conservative America — there is the United States of America. There is not a Black America and a White America and Latino America and Asian America — there’s the United States of America.
The pundits, the pundits like to slice-and-dice our country into Red States and Blue States; Red States for Republicans, Blue States for Democrats. But I’ve got news for them, too: We worship an awesome God in the Blue States, and we don’t like federal agents poking around in our libraries in the Red States
The Barack Obama of 2004 was a man who by all indications was attempting to unify and unite America. He even motivated me and I thought, “ I am glad President Bush is running against John Kerry and not Barak Obama.”
Barack Obama continued his rise in popularity and emerged as a leading contender for the Democratic nomination for the 2008 campaign. One of his opponents at the time, Joe Biden, said, “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”
What most of America did not know in 2008 is that Obama was and is a master of disguise. Even as he approached the 2008 primary, his record in the Senate gave little real indication of his views. As the New York Times reported in December 2007 in an article by Raymond Hernandez and Christopher Drew,
“The record has become an issue on the presidential campaign trail, as Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York, his chief rival for the Democratic nomination, has seized on the “ present” votes he cast on a series of anti-abortion bills to portray Mr. Obama as a “talker” rather than a “doer.””
And while a few of his opponents took Barack Obama to task on his past, the Integrity Free Media seemed disinterested in doing any vetting, reporting on his record, or his background. So Obama emerged on the scene in 2008 running for the Democratic nomination with no track record to review, and those who had the power and responsibility to vet him (including the Democratic Party) simply chose not to do so. Of course the Integrity Free Media is so far in the tank for Democrats that they just didn't think it was important. And you can bet your bottom dollar none of them wanted to be branded as racist by looking into the past of a black Democratic candidate who could one day be president. The picture the public had of Barack Obama was that he was simply a brilliant young man with charm and a big smile that was promising Hope and Change for America.
In the 2008 campaign for the Democratic nomination, then Senator Hillary Clinton in an interview with ABC's Cynthia McFadden, when asked about the Barack Obama phenomenon, provided this insight, "I think the best description actually is in Barack's own book" Clinton said, "where he said that he is a blank screen and people of widely different views project what they want to hear." Clinton continued saying "he just hasn't been around long enough." Clinton continued saying "But with the blank screen it gives you a chance to just really infuse it with whatever you hope for, whatever you want without knowing."
Barack Obama is a very intelligent and cagey politician. In 2008 the country was in turmoil, George Bush was term limited and people were frustrated with the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. In 2007 the Democrats had taken control of both the House and the Senate and were doing what they always do, loading the country with debt and expanding social programs as if there was no tomorrow.
Barack Obama came along and a majority of Americans decided it was time to trust America's future to the young man who offered a unifying message filled with hope and promising change in America. His message was effective, focused and reasoned. And Americans projected on his "blank screen" what we wanted to see. Some projected on his screen, as Joe Biden said, an articulate, clean young black man who offered hope for the future. Some saw him as a healer who could allow America to get over its racism. Some were convinced upon hearing his acceptance speech that President Obama would provide them not only everything they needed, he would provide them everything whatever they wished for!
Many American's voted for him because he was a historic figure, the first black man to have an opportunity to be the President of United States. They wanted to be part of history, to say to their grandchildren, I helped elect the first black President of the United States. Of course many voted for him because they decided to give Barack Obama, the unknown Senator for Chicago a chance, or simply decided to sit out the election because the Republican’s failed to run a viable candidate.
And then five days before the election, candidate Obama said, "We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America." And this was perhaps the first hint that what we had all projected on his blank screen, wasn't exactly what candidate Obama had in mind, but it was simply too late to change the tide and Obama, the unknown Senator from Illinois was swept into office.
Obviously the Integrity Free Media failed the American public by not investigating Barack Hussein Obama's real agenda. But that was 2008 and now President Obama is no longer an unknown Senator with no track record, he is a sitting President of the United States and while millions voted for him before they knew him, we now know what he really meant when he said, "We are five days from fundamentally changing the United States of America" and we now know what is playing on Obama's blank screen.
• Median family income has fallen 7.3 percent (about $4,000) since Mr. Obama's inauguration. Most of that decline (4.8 percent) has happened since the recovery officially began in July 2009.
• The unemployment rate was 7.8 percent when Mr. Obama took office, but has been above 8 percent in every month since, the longest period of prolonged high unemployment since the Great Depression, according to the Congressional Budget Office. There are now 811,000 more long-term unemployed than when the recession officially ended.
• The poverty rate has increased from 14.3 percent in 2009 to 15.1 percent. There are nearly 12 million more people receiving food stamps now than when the recovery began.
• Gas prices have doubled since Mr. Obama became president. We spend about 21 percent more on food each week than we did in 2010.
• Reparations from America to the World – His actions and his policies are focused on the systematic reduction of America to third world nation status in order to mitigate America's influence in the world. His belief is that wealthy people got wealthy by stealing from the poor!
• All good comes from government and all evil evolves from the free enterprise system. He has said, “If you own a business, you didn’t build that!”
• Deployment of the ultimate weapon of Mass Destruction, ever increasing debt. In January 2007 the national debt of the US was approximately $8.6 trillion. By the end of November 2012 the US national debt will be approaching $16 trillion. Obama and the Democrats have added as much debt in the last 6 years than had been accumulated from 1789 through 2006. This is simply unsustainable and Obama knows it, but the problem is that saddling the US with this debt is his plan because it will make more American’s dependent upon government.
• The redistribution of wealth in America. The top 50% of American worker’s already pay 95% of all taxes. But Obama and the Democrats think you don’t yet pay your fair share.
• Obama and the Democrats effectively nationalize healthcare in America with the Affordable Care Act of 2009, passed without a single Republican vote. Affectionately known as Obama care, the 2500 page bill, passed before it was written, provides fewer choices, lower quality of care, higher cost, and long lines. 70% of all American's are against this law, but it is part of his plan to level the playing field by bankrupting America.
• President Obama has no respect for the US Constitution. Beginning with the appointment of Czars to assume key roles by-passing the consent of Congress, the use of Executive Orders to institute policies that Congress has refused to pass, to instructing the Justice Department not to enforce laws he doesn’t believe in, to instructing the Justice Department to file suit against states who are enforcing laws Obama doesn’t like.
• President Obama is dismantling America's ability to defend itself and to act in support if its allies by reducing our military, cutting pay and benefits and worse he is cooperating with the Russians in reducing our nuclear arsenal.
"I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir," Medvedev said, referring to incoming President Vladimir Putin
• President Obama has invoked executive privilege to stonewall the congressional investigation regarding his Justice Departments Fast and Furious operation.
• President Obama has engaged in class warfare hate speech and continues to try to divide America by pitting one group against another.
• Obama nationalized General Motors taking a once public traded independent company over essentially nullifying the US Bankruptcy laws, to provide a payoff to the United Autoworkers Union, while causing significant financial harm to the former financier’s and bond holders of GM, using your and my money to do it, without the consent of Congress.
• During his first 1,225 days in office, Obama attended his PDB just 536 times — or 43.8 percent of the time. During 2011 and the first half of 2012, his attendance became even less frequent — falling to just over 38 percent. By contrast, Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush almost never missed his daily intelligence meeting.
• In July 2012, a GAI analysis of President Obama’s calendar found that the president has spent just 412 hours in economic meetings of any kind throughout his presidency versus the over 600 hours he’s spent golfing.
Now folks these are just facts and all this happened in the first 3 ¾ years. Can you imagine what America will look like if we reward this kind of destructive performance by Obama with an additional four years in the White House? I believe millions of Americans have seen the light but more importantly I believe that generally all American’s want a better America and they now know Barak Hussein Obama is trying to “fundamentally transform the United States of America” in a way that will be difficult, if not impossible to recover from. We need fewer than 10,000,000 folks to see the light and less if they are in key states. Obama will not get his masses out this time; the bloom is off the Rose. And do not ever think that Obama is not a smart and cagey politician. His actions seem, to God loving Americans, to be that of an inept fool. Nothing could be further from the truth, Obama has been very successful its just that his plan is so diabolically opposite from any former President that the American public simply cannot believe someone who is an American would be trying to destroy the country we all love so much. Never confuse Obama with Carter; Carter was an inept fool but generally a nice guy. Obama is a diabolical politician, trained and mentored by communist, terrorists and union thugs and is capable of anything anyone can conceive of.
You must do what your conscience tells you on November 6, 2012 but remember America still belongs to its citizens, not to out of control politicians! Vote wisely!
The list of all that has transpired during the last 3.75 years, and taking to heart the very last sentence in the post leaves you with one very clear choice - my opinion of course!ReplyDelete