- Old Farts are easy to spot at sporting events; during the playing of the National Anthem, remove their caps and stand at attention and sing without embarrassment. They know the words and believe in them.
- Old Farts remember World War II, Pearl Harbor, Guadalcanal , Normandy and Hitler.
- Old Farts remember the Atomic Age, the Korean War, The Cold War, the Jet Age and the Moon Landing.
- Old Farts remember the 50 plus Peacekeeping Missions from 1945 to 2005, not to mention Vietnam.
- If you bump into an Old Fart on the sidewalk he will apologize.
- If you pass an Old Fart on the street, he will nod or tip his cap to a lady.
- Old Farts trust strangers and are courtly to women.
- Old Farts hold the door for the next person and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection.
- Old Farts get embarrassed if someone curses in front of women and children and they don't like any filth or dirty language on TV or in movies.
- Old Farts have moral courage and personal integrity. They seldom brag unless it's about their children or grandchildren.
- It's the Old Farts who know our great country is protected, not by politicians, but by the young men and women in the military serving their country.
Friday, September 14, 2012
Old Farts Club, a badge of Honor!
If you happen to be over the age of 55 you are likely to be called an "Old Fart". You should feel pride at being called an Old Fart because!
Thank God for Old Farts!